“We took the one day in Istanbul tour with Sinan as our Guide. Not only did we see all of Istanbul’s highlights we also felt like VIPs for the day. It was so nice not to wait in line with all the other tourist which gave us more time to explore the hidden parts of Istanbul. Sinan was a true gentleman with a rich knowledge of Istanbul and its history.” Read more on Tripadvisor
Introduction to Istanbul: Istanbul 101 Walk
This is the ultimate tour for first time visitors to Istanbul. We visit the most fascinating sights of historical Istanbul (Sultanahmet area) in this specially curated one day tour that provides the perfect introduction to the old city.
From the soaring grandeur of the Hagia Sophia and exquisite ceramic tiles of the Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque in Turkish) to the atmospheric ‘sunken palace’ with its mysterious Medusa heads and the world’s largest covered markets, this tour takes in Istanbul’s biggest sights and goes beyond them to show you the bustling energy of the city’s coffee houses, tea gardens, bazaars, and traditional workshops.
Take a journey through the history of one of the world’s greatest cities with a professional guide bringing its secrets to life.
Why should I book this tour?
- This is a private tour which means you can:
- Choose your own tour day and starting time
- Private English speaking - or another preffered language - just for you
- Comprehensive visits to historical sites
- Museum ticket fees are included in the price
- No waiting in ticket lines
- Tailor the tour to your own requirements
Which sights* do we visit on this tour?
*If you have any particular interests or have already seen some of these sights and want to see different ones, get in touch and we can tailor make the tour, just for you.
Who is this tour for?
- Anyone interested in the history of Istanbul (Byzantine Empire, Christianity, Ottoman Empire, Islam)
- One day visitors to Istanbul
- Educational trips to Istanbul (MBA students, high-school students or international schools)
- Congress participants
- Cruise ship passengers traveling to Istanbul who want to discover the historical Istanbul and monuments
- Expats living and working in Istanbul
- Private wedding or bachelor/bachelorette groups traveling to Istanbul
Why book with Istanbul Tour Studio?
- Istanbul Tour Studio is rated "Excellent" on Tripadvisor. Click to read the latest reviews about us.
- We make you feel at home! Our tours give you the feeling that you are walking around Istanbul with local friends.
- A team of knowledgeable personnel that are trustworthy, friendly and always on time.
- Fast-track at museum entrances and no waiting in ticket lines.
How much is the private I Have One Day in Istanbul tour per person?
- Our private I Have One Day tour price is $125 USD/person for two people. ($250 USD/total for two adults)
- Our prices are quoted per person. We require minimum two participants to organise this private tour. Please contact us if you'd like to book a private tour for one person. The prices include English speaking professional guidance and museum entrance fees. We offer dynamic pricing which means as the number of people on your private group increase, our per person prices decrease.
- This tour costs $125 USD/person for two people; $100 USD/person for three people; $90 USD/person for four people; $80 USD/person for five people and $70 USD/person for six people. You will automatically get the dynamic pricing at the booking phase once you select the total number of people.
- We give 50% discount for children between 7-12 years old; meanwhile our tours are free for kids under 7 years old.
- The prices quoted above are for the walking tour. If you are staying at Beşiktaş, Beyoğlu (Taksim) or Karaköy areas you can use public transportation such as tram, ferry or taxi. It would cost approx. $4 USD/person. Alternatively, we also offer private transportation with luxury Mercedes vans with professional drivers for $150 USD/day.
- Please contact us for custom pricing for groups over six people.
- Starting from 1 November 2019, Hagia Sophia Museum is closed on Mondays until further notice.
- The museum entrance fees are priced as of 13 February 2020. However it is most likely that there will be a raise in the museum prices. Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Turkey still did not make a public announcement on this matter. Istanbul Tour Studio reserves the rights to adjust ticket prices based on the potential increase. Thank you for your understanding.