“Absolute highlight was day of two-hour boat charter with breakfast on the Bosphorus. It was so unexpectedly amazing. Perfect weather, fabulous boat, wonderful breakfast, lovely company. All views of Istanbul and experiences via street art, historical highlights, and water side were memorable. Until we can return again, we will remember.” Read more on Tripadvisor
A Day On The Bosphorus
For many Istanbulites, the Bosphorus is simply the most beautiful place in the world, and there’s no better way to see it, than by boat. This important waterway is such a defining feature of Istanbul and a cruise along it gives visitors a chance to delve into the city’s history. Lined with extravagant palaces, crumbling wooden mansions, lush gardens, tiny fishing villages and an unparalleled array of spots to watch the boats go by, the Bosphorus offers something for everyone. This tour offers the perfect blend of history, nature, culture and luxury.
- Private Cruise: We use a luxury motorboat to take us a journey that starts in the souther part of the Bosphorus Strait and make our way north, discovering the different neighborhoods (that were once former fishing villages) along the way.
- A Floating Time Machine: This tour will take you back and forth between the past and present of Istanbul, discovering its secrets as we go.
- Historical Sights: Our knowledgeable guide will point out the various buildings and monuments that line the shores and explain their history to you.
- The Sabanci Museum in Emirgan: The yacht cruise ends in the charming neighborhood of Emirgan, where we pay a visit to the fascinating Sakıp Sabancı Museum that hosts important international art exhibitions alongside its permanent collection. The museum is housed in a building that used to be the Bosphorus fronting private mansion of one of the leading industrialists. If you don’t fancy visiting the museum itself, it also provides a lovely opportunity to sit in the renowned Muzedechanga Restaurant/Cafe overlooking a beautiful garden and the straits of Bosphorus.
- Backstreets of Emirgan: After our visit to the museum, we take a walk around the neighborhood’s backstreets where you can find gorgeous houses, leafy gardens and small tea houses amongst some of the most original and beautiful examples of Turkish architecture.
- Lunch Time: We’ll take you to a lovely fish restaurant on the shores of the Bosphorus in the quaint neighborhoods of Bebek or Arnavutköy where you can enjoy the freshest seasonal catch of the day and enjoy the view of boats passing by. I would ask you to resist the desert menu though, because next up is…
- Ice Cream in Bebek: This neighborhood is famous for its ice-cream and waffle parlors. You can get one on the go and enjoy it walking around Bebek Park like the locals do. If you are in the mood for shopping, there are a few good concept boutiques in Bebek, where you can find contemporary Turkish fashion and jewellery designs.
- End the day in Ortaköy: This is a unique area, where mosques, churches and synagogues sit side by side and you can follow the historical traces of different inhabitants of this city. It also has many restaurants, cafes and small shops filled with souvenirs you might want to take back home. One of the highlights is the renovated Baroque mosque that overlooks the Bosphorus in its full grandeur and makes your final stop a full experience in itself.
Who is this tour for?
- Anyone interested in the history of Istanbul.
- People interested in architecture and culture
- Anyone that is tired of walking around the city and would like to see it from a new perspective
- Anyone that enjoys cruising in luxury (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?)
Why book with Istanbul Tour Studio?
- We use a luxury boat and an experienced, knowledgable captain.
- We know the city like the back of our hands and want to share our favorite spots with you.
- Istanbul Tour Studio is rated "Excellent" on Tripadvisor. Click to read the latest reviews about us.
- We have a team of knowledgeable personnel that are trustworthy, friendly, knowledgeable and always on time.
How much is the private A Day on the Bosphorus tour?
- Our private A Day on the Bosphorus tour price is quoted per group between 1 to 6 people. Total price is $420 USD - to be divided by the total number of participants. (i.e $105 USD/person x 4 people=$420 USD/total)
- The price includes private professional guidance in English and two hours private motorboat experience on the Bosphorus.
Archaeologist and Professional Tour Guide fluent in English