“We went on a sailing tour from Istanbul to the Princess Islands, which included lunch on the island and swimming in the Bosphorus. The tour was clearly one of the highlights of our trip! Sinan, the manager of the company, is extremely friendly and knowledgeable and did a great job pointing out the history of the area, general facts about Turkey, and information about sailing. The Captain was also very friendly and experienced. This is one of the best things you can do in Istanbul, Five Stars!” Read more on Tripadvisor.
Sailing in Istanbul
Our Istanbul sailing tour is the ultimate Istanbul experience on the water. Departing from the Kalamis marina, we make our way to the Princes Islands' archipelago in the Marmara Sea.
You can watch the minarets of old Ottoman mosques on the historical peninsula shrink into the distance as we glide towards the Princes' Islands. With great views of Istanbul from the water, seagulls, frequent dolphin sightings, the sound of the wind and of course the sunset, this is a truly unique experience. You’ll also have a chance to see the car-free leafy oases that are the Princes’ Islands, lined with grand Ottoman mansions and stunning architecture - you’ll feel like you’ve sailed back in time.
- You can choose between a full or half day on the water. On the full-day sailing tour, we have lunch on either Burgazada or Buyukada and walk it off with an afternoon hike around the island.
- Before we set off from the Kalamış Marina on the Asian side of Istanbul, the professional skipper will brief you on the basics of sailing and the sea.
- You don’t have to be a professional or an expert to sail on our boats! After a quick briefing on the fundamentals of sailing you’re quite welcome to sit back, relax and enjoy the beauty of Istanbul from water.
- However, if you’re a keen sailor or active person then you’re welcome to take part, and sail under the leadership of a local expert.
- We sail towards Prince’s Islands; an archipelago of nine islands very close to each other. Your local guide will introduce you the islands as you stroll through them.
- These beautiful wooded islands are completely car-free, home to a friendly community and steeped in Byzantine and Ottoman history.
- You will have amazing photo opportunities in this tour, so make sure to bring your camera.
Who is this tour for?
- Anyone with a love of sailing, boats and the sea.
- People that have never sailed before, but want to enjoy the experience in the safe hands of experts.
- Anyone that wants to make the most of some beautiful weather and leave the city behind.
- People that would like to see the historic Princes’ Islands and approach them in the most traditional fashion.
Why book with Istanbul Tour Studio?
- We make safety a priority and only use expert skippers who know the seas like the back of their hands.
- We go beyond just the sailing experience and our knowledgable guides will also tell you about the sights we see and the islands we visit.
- Istanbul Tour Studio is rated "Excellent" on Tripadvisor. Click to read the latest reviews about us.
NOTE: We highly recommend you to book this tour on a week day as the Princes’ Islands get busy during summer weekends.
Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Dinghy Instructor, Offshore Yachtmaster and Sailor at Turkish National Sailing Team