Loving Turkish Food?
Ready to learn how to host your own Turkish meze* party when you return home? This festive culinary experience offers a hands-on journey into the most entertaining part of Turkish cuisine.
First, we visit a traditional market in Istanbul, Beyoglu Balik Pazari; learn about different spices & aromas and shop for our ingredients. We also visit a historic street where Turkish meze and tavern culture is bustling every day of the week.
Hands-on Journey into Turkish Cuisine
Next is a 2-hour hands-on cooking workshop, where you learn to cook five different kinds of famous Turkish mezes with a local chef. Depending on the time of your tour, the workshop concludes with lunch or dinner overlooking magnificent views of old Istanbul. Sharing the food we cooked, we toast for health and happiness facing centuries-old facades of Istanbul's most famous landmarks.
*A meze (or mezze) is a collection of hot and cold small dishes that is served with spirits, in most cases with the traditional Turkish spirit Raki, or occasionally with wine.
What is included?
- Master tips and techniques from a professional local chef
- Preparation and enjoyment of your own authentic Turkish meal (a highly interactive class, where you can actually slice, mix, season and prepare a complete meal with a local chef, and afterwards sit down and enjoy the meal you’ve just created)
- Tasting of local wines and spirits (up to 3 glasses per person)
- Magnificent views of the old city
- Turkish coffee and tea accompanied by a Turkish dessert platter
- A recipe booklet
- Learning about Turkish cuisine and traditions
- A culinary story you will gladly share with others
- Meze workshop starts daily at 10 am and 4 pm. Please contact us to check availability.
- Up to 4/5-hour long experience
- The class is conducted in English
- No cooking skills required, suitable for accomplished and novice cooks
- Suitable for vegetarians
How much is the Turkish cooking workshop per person?
- Our group Turkish cooking workshop is $125 USD/person. ($250 USD/total for two adults)
- We require minimum two participants to run the workshop. Maximum number of participation is limited to seven people.
- Our prices are quoted in USD and per person.
- Please contact us if you'd like to book a private session for your party.
Ottoman food historian, Turkish wine enthusiast, baker, professional eater