This tour is not available for sales starting from 01.01.2018.
For further information and detail please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Istanbul is huge and there are plenty of things to, but traffic can sometimes be a obstacle to getting around the city. We have a better offer: how about peddling through the most picturesque local neighborhoods of Istanbul? The best cycle routes are located on the Asian side of the city, which also has amazing views of the old city.
Highlights of our Istanbul bike tour
- Four hours cycling: We start our Istanbul pedal journey from Karaköy, take the public ferry to Kadıköy and ride towards Moda - one of the most hip neighborhoods of Istanbul. After exploring Moda, we stop to have a Turkish coffee in a small coffee shop or Turkish tea at the historical Moda Pier.
- Photo breaks along the Marmara Sea: Our next stops are Kalamış Marina and Fenerbahçe Park. Both places are perfect fit for photography. We will have short breaks at each place to make great captures.
- Great Views of Istanbul: After our photography break, we keep riding along the coast to Caddebostan. This is where the longest bicycle lane of Istanbul starts and we’ll enjoy a short section of this lovely route. The Asian (Anatolian) side of Istanbul has the great coastal promenades and you can enjoy the enchanting views of Prince’s Islands.
- Meze Sandwich Lunch: If you are getting hungry, Caddebostan is a great spot to grab some sandwiches filled with meze (Traditional Turkish appetizers) and maybe a glass of wine or beer.
- Sunset from Kadıköy: The parks by the sea, are a favorite local spot to get together after a busy day. We will have the chance to stop, relax, chat, snack, and watch the sunset.
The Istanbul Cycling Route
Before we begin, we meet at Karaköy Bicycle shop to pick the best bicycle for you along with safety equipment (helmet, safety vest), and have a 20 minute safety training and summary of the trip.
Our route is almost 20 kilometers in length. There are only two inclines where we ride our bicycles uphill. But don’t worry it is not too steep. We’ll mostly be riding by the seaside on an easy and picturesque route. We can have short breaks whenever you feel like having one. This is not a race - we ride to explore and have fun. We will stop every 2-3 kilometers to take some photos or have some snacks.
- Karaköy Bicycle Shop (Meeting point)
- Public ferry to Kadıköy
- Moda Pier
- Kalamış Marina
- Fenerbahçe Parkı
- Caddebostan Coast
Our Istanbul bicycle tour is offered between 10am-2pm from November to March; and between 3pm-7pm from March to November. Currently, we run only the private tours, upon request.
Who is this tour for?
- Anyone that likes to see things from a new perspective.
- Keen cyclists or occasional cyclists that want to propel themselves around on pedal power alone.
- Anyone that wants to get outside and enjoy the Istanbul coast.
Why book with Istanbul Tour Studio?
- We put safety first and make sure you’re well equipped to cycle in this city we call home.
- We know the city like the back of our hands and want to share our favorite spots with you.
- Istanbul Tour Studio is rated "Excellent" on Tripadvisor. Click to read the latest reviews.
- We have a team of knowledgeable personnel that are trustworthy, friendly, knowledgeable and always on time.
Co-founder of BUSİKLET (Boğaziçi University Bicycle Society), a bicycle activist who has ridden bicycle in many different countries.